So this weekend was filled with family festivities. We had many meals with both my family and his for graduation, mother's day...etc. It ended with Brian and I deciding to look for a new dining room table. Our current table was from my college days (the $100 for the table and 4 chairs from Garden Ridge Pottery variety). We went to Star and didn't find anything we liked there and then headed over to Gallery Furniture. In my 29 years (20 of them living in Houston) I have never been to Gallery. It is a circus there! You walk in to ponies, parrots, birthday cake, and 30+ sales people standing in a clump waiting to help you (if anyone knows Mattress Mac you might want to tell him the last thing is a bit intimidating because you feel like prey).
We found a table we liked, but we wanted to go home to measure the room and to Pottery Barn as well. Thank goodness we took a measuring break because we would have bought a WAY too big table. They look so small in the showroom, but once it gets in your house it looks big. We went to Pottery Barn which was the exact opposite of Gallery. Our sales person was super sweet and not in your face at all. Brian and I picked out a set we liked, but Brian liked the one at Gallery just a bit more. So we got in the car and drove back to the circus.
As we enter the store again, the vultures which have now grown in number circled us as we walked in. Our original sales guy that was helping us was not around so we got a new one that barely spoke English and knew nothing about the table we were looking at. He had to go get the Floor Manager who was the most unprofessional person I have ever met. At one point, I had to walk away because she was texting her friends. I mean...seriously! Brian bless his heart stood there and finished while I had to regroup. We ended up buying the table and chairs from there and since it was Mother's Day I received a dozen roses and a gift card to Maggiano's. The furniture was delivered 2 and a half hours later. Our table and chairs look really nice in our dinning room, so it was definitely worth the madness of the circus!
That's funny. I went to GF for the first time when I got my first job after college...I had to laugh...I knew the address by heart...and still do!
ReplyDeleteGlad you got the table!!! FYI, almost every furniture store in town is that way. Star is the exception IMO. We have been really pleased with PB and Z Gallerie. Total opposite in experience and awesome furniture. I will take the 6wk wait.
ReplyDeleteSo wheres a picture!!! :)
ReplyDelete