Monday, November 16, 2009

I can't wait...

Brian's new job has been very travel intensive so far. Since July, he has been home for a week and a half during the week days. Up until right before Halloween he was able to come home on the weekends or flew me out to where he was, but since October 29th he has been in Australia. Obviously, he is unable to come home on the weekends since the flight is almost a day long. He is FINALLY going to be home on Friday! I am so excited to have my hubby back!

It wasn't so bad when he was gone just during the weeks because (a) he came home on the weekends and (b) I could call him whenever I wanted to since we were basically in the same time zone and he had a working phone. Since he has been in Australia, it has really just sucked. Weekends are super lonely. I can't call him whenever because his personal cell won't work in Australia and his work cell has since broken and won't be replaced until he is back in the States. And oh yeah...there is a 16 hour time difference. So he is sleeping for a good chunk of my day.

I feel so bad for him too because at least I have had my family and friends here. He is pretty much by himself for 3 weeks. And to make matters worse he was all by himself on his birthday! He went to a nice steak restaurant and ate alone. How sad is that?!?! He has been working until 9 or so every night (including the weekends) so he hasn't even been able to go around and see Australia either.

I can't wait for him to get here on Friday! And the best news is that so far he is not scheduled for any more trips until next fall when is supposed to go to Korea!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back Brian! Glad that you have your hubs back just in time for Thanksgiving. I am sure you are thankful for sure~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your blog...So glad to be back to reading my favorite blogs....and off a ladder decorating trees...
    I am so glad that I joined the blog world....and have made so many sweet friends....Blessings in 2010

    ReplyDelete